Providing Fierce Advocacy for Your Right to Compensation
Nothing can prepare you for a devastating accident injury. Whether you have been blindsided at an intersection by a distracted driver, fallen from faulty scaffolding at a construction site, or learned that your loved one is suffering abuse at the hands of nursing home staff, you need a zealous advocate on your side.
An unexpected accident or injury can elicit a life-altering moment and the beginning of a long and painful journey. There may be serious injuries. There may be emotional trauma. And there will certainly be financial costs associated with recovery.
When you or a loved one suffers an injury because of someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing, we will guide you to the best solutions, and uphold your right to the best care and the maximum financial compensation.
The costs associated with a personal injury could be exorbitant, and may include:
- Ambulance transportation
- Initial medical evaluation
- Medical treatment
- Ongoing physical therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Lost wages, current and future
- Home care
- Home modifications
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Work retraining if your injury makes it impossible to continue in your former work role
Personal Injury Defined
Personal injury is a legal term that can encompass many types of injuries and scenarios. They may occur in your neighborhood, at a public place, at work, or anywhere. Generally, a compensable personal injury is one you suffer because of someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or act of violence. The following are just a few types of injury cases our Delaware accident lawyers handle:
- Catastrophic Injury – When an injury is disabling, it will affect every aspect of a person’s life at home and at work, as well as that of their family members. We work tirelessly to recover necessary financial compensation to ensure inured victims get the care they need for as long as they need it.
- Construction Accidents – Construction is among the most dangerous occupations in the U.S. For this reason, construction sites must be kept safe and the tools workers use must function properly. Workers who are injured because of someone’s negligence may be entitled to compensation in excess of their Workers’ Compensation benefits.
- Defective Products – Products may range from defective drugs to malfunctioning auto parts and much more. We have successfully filed claims against manufacturers, corporations, and distributors whose products have caused harm.
- Medical Malpractice – When you are improperly diagnosed or treated for an illness or an injury, we will hold the healthcare provider responsible.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – An auto, car, truck, or bus accident – whether you are the driver or passenger – can result in serious injury.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Discovering that a loved one is being abused or improperly cared for in a nursing home facility can be traumatic. We will protect your loved one’s rights and well-being.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Whether you are injured on private, municipal, or business-owned property, you have a right to financial compensation if your accident and resulting injuries were foreseeable and preventable.
- Work Injury – Whether you work in an office, on a construction site, or anywhere else, an injury can happen unexpectedly when you are busy doing your job. From slipping on a wet floor, to experiencing a car accident while on work-related business – a work injury can change your life dramatically. Injured workers do not need to prove that their employer was negligent in order to collect Workers’ Compensation. However, if negligence by a third party contributed to the accident, additional compensation may be available.
- Wrongful Death – When someone dies because of negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing, we will fight for financial compensation for the survivors.
Smyrna Personal Injury Lawyers at Rhoades & Morrow Fight for Injured Accident Victims Across Delaware
Whether you have suffered an injury at work or anywhere else, the legal team at Rhoades & Morrow will fight fiercely for your right to compensation. If you or a loved one has experienced a personal injury, we know that you will face extraordinary costs that are financial, physical, and emotional, and we are determined to recover the financial reward you are due. Call us today at (302) 427-9500 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Symrna or contact us online. We have offices in Wilmington, Bear and Milford, to serve clients throughout Delaware.